This was taken 5 years ago in front of the Peru LDS Temple. It's still one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.


Where did you meet your husband? We were set up by Demaree Clayson. She was in the music program with me at BYU and was in his home stake. (Actually, his older sister married her older brother. So their sort-of connected.) The technical place we first met was in my apartment.
How long did you date before you were married? We first met on Nov. 5th 2002. Engaged on Jan. 9th 2003. Married April 25, 2003. Way too fast for my mom and probably not fast enough for his. :)
How long have you been married? Nearing 6 years in April! Wowee! How cool is that?!
What does he do that surprises you? It still surprises me when he frantically and suddenly freaks out and has to take his socks off because the cotton on the inside is bothering him. He still thinks I'm a hot mama - sometimes that REALLY surprises/flatters me.
What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes. Gorgeous blue. I fear that my brown will dominate, but I'll be happy if one of our children end up with his eyes. There is a scar on his right eyelid that I find terribly sexy. Don't know why. With the way he got it, he's lucky to still be alive. (Maybe that's why I find it sexy?)
What is his best quality? He is a good listener. That was the first thing that made me start to like him.
Does he have a nickname for you? Ramie. I'd never had a nickname and I asked him to come up with one. He mixed my first and middle (Marie) names to come up with it. I love it.
What is his favorite food? Either store-bought pizza ('cause it's fast and it's pizza) or chips and salsa.
What is his favorite sport? Probably racquetball. He loves basketball too, but I think his loyalties have shifted since high school.
When and where was your first kiss? On our third date standing on my front porch. I wasn't expecting it at all. I'd never kissed a guy so soon. In our defense, it was two to three weeks after we met . . . Apparently he felt he needed to be impressive to win me over.
What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We read books together. But we also love singing and playing music together.
Do you have any children? Rebekah - 3 1/2 Patrick - 1 3/4
Does he have any hidden talents? He plays the piano much better than I do. I guess that because he's male everyone assumes that I'm the one that plays or at least plays better. Not so in this house!
How old is he? 29
Who said I love you first? He did. He knew within the first two dates that I was either the "one" or that it was going to hurt really badly. I think he said it after 3-ish weeks. It took me a little longer.
What is his favorite music? He enjoys the Jack Johnson/folk feel, but he also loves classical piano. His first CD he bought on his own was classical.
What do you admire most about him? His work ethic and his people skills.
What is his favorite color? I think it's blue. But it may be yellow.
Will he read this? Yep! Love ya hon!
4 comments:
I always hope me and Chad's kids can have blue eyes too. We have lucked out so far because Hazel's are hazel, but I think they are turning brown. Henry's look brown to me. Dang, because they were a pretty blue green for a while. Chad like the brown though. Guess it's something those with brown eyes hope for.
What happened with the scar on Michael's eye?
You guys are great! Happy Anniversary soon. It was fun to read your list.
Sounds Like Michael!! I knew him in the Abeline Stake in Texas. My dad was stake president at the time: Tom Adams. Yes, Michael, it's Becki. Your wife is right!! You do have gorgeous blue eyes! I just never had the guts to tell you that. Michael also played clarinet, was drum major, and we had fun playing on the piano while his dad was Bishop. Did I mention he was a great dancer? I had such fun swing dancing with him at prom. He was a great friend of mine. I always looked forward to seeing him and being buddy with Michael, Alisha, and his brother. Great family!!
Becki Adams Smith
Did you know that Michael and I were in the same freshman ward? Small world...how's Demaree?
I loved this post. You guys are so cute!! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers over the past few weeks. We love and miss you all so much!!
Post a Comment