This is a toughy 'cause you can't look inside the darn thing or even smell it. Lots of people knock on them to find the hollow one. But usually you end up guessing right?
I'm not sure how my mother came up with this, but she figured out how to pick a good watermelon. You look for the bee stings. Yep. That simple. The bees know which ones are good. I've never had a bad watermelon when I pick them this way.
So you can go back to knocking on them, and always wonder if my mother's technique works. Or, you can give it a shot and more than likely you will never look back.
Here's a shout out to you Mommy! Among the many things you've taught me, today I'm grateful for the bee stings!
***If you have no idea what you're looking for, enlarge the picture and look for the gray-ish squiggly line in the bottom-center of the watermelon.***
2 comments:
Good advice! I've heard that somewhere before ... maybe it was from you! Anyway, thanks for the reminder, I will definitely try that out next time at the store!
I just got our first watermelon of the year today and remembered the bee stings. It totally works!
Post a Comment