Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sweetness

We've talked a lot about the temple in our house lately. I'm not sure how this happened. But all of the sudden "I Love to See the Temple" is Patrick's favorite song, and Bekah can sing it along with me. So we talk about how you can go inside the temple when you get bigger and get married in the temple. Upon Michael telling Rebekah that there was a baby inside mommy's tummy, she replied:

"I wanna go temple in my big white dress a get married an' get baby in my tummy!"

Patrick woke up from a nap a few days ago and started to bawl. I asked him what was wrong. "See a temple!!" "You want to go see the temple?" Excited giggling ensues, "Yeah!!" We went as soon as Bekah woke from her nap. They were both so excited to be there - to see the girls in their "big white dresses" because they'd just been married in the temple. To be able to put their hands in the fountain, climb the stairs to the old entryway, and to see Jesus (the Christus). They love this and I'm so grateful that they love it. The sister missionaries in the visitor's center let them each pick a pass-along-card. Rebekah chose Jesus and Patrick chose the St George Temple. True happiness. I hope this continues for a long time.

5 comments:

Meg said...

So precious - and yet another thing we can learn from our children! Your children are so sweet.

Becki and Jeff said...

I use to walk my daughter up to the Provo temple when we lived on campus. She'd smell the flowers and crawl all over the grounds. Early training, I guess. Growing up, I always had a special feeling.... kind of "magical"... everytime I saw the temple, walked its grounds, marvel at the beauty around me,and run my fingers through fountains. Now, my kids, they enjoy going to the St. Louis temple and doing likewise! They see how much the temple means to us and to our family.

Becki Smith

Mindy said...

It's obvious you are teaching them very well and they are learning. That step to the temple begins now, doesn't it?

Hannah said...

I LOVE IT! That makes me really happy. And I am REALLY sad that I don't get to see them

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

This is the sweetest thing ever!. You have such great kids! (Your kids have such great parents too, which has A LOT to do with it.) :) Love you guys!!