Friday, May 29, 2009

Baby Name Vote

I'm an early thinker in general when it comes to baby names. I won't know what this baby is for another 4-5 weeks, but I have four names picked out. It's agitating my mind, so I want input. For information sake, you need to know that I'm carrying on a tradition of having a scriptural name somewhere in there.

1. Westley James Hohmann ("As you wish!!! . . ." will always come to mind, but I like the name.)
2. Andrew Dayton Hohmann (Dayton is a family name.)

3. Kaitlin Ruth Hohmann (there are so few female names to pick from and my mom took most of the good ones with 4 girls in the family. besides, Ruth was a wonderful woman and one worth being named after.)
4. Elizabeth Anne Hohmann (Anne would be after both grandmother's. It's my mom's middle name and my mother-in-law's name is Ireanne.)

Cast your vote for each gender and tell me why if you think it's necessary. Some of them would end up being shortened most of the time. Wes, Drew, Lizzy. But I think they all sound pretty good along with the other kids' names.

11 comments:

Jill said...

Wes and Lizzy. :)

Meg said...

My votes are Andrew and Elizabeth. I think they fit very well with your family's names

Stephanie Ellinger said...

My vote is for Wesley & Elizabeth. (My kiddo is Elisabeth and I adore the name:).

Good luck choosing. Neither one of our kids had their name until a couple of days before they were born.

Mindy said...

One of the best baby name books I ever read was "The Baby Name Wizard" by Laura Wattenberg. It basically helps you figure out your style, or if you have kids already what names would sound best for a sibling, or what the different trends are. It's not like ordinary lists of names but actually has substance to it.
Oh, also, it gives suggestions on keeping family names doing more modern changes. So for example, my grandpa was Archie (seriously). If I wanted that name, I would use the more modern "Archer" or something.
Good luck!

Melyssa said...

I like Andrew and Elizabeth. Plus Anne is the best middle name ever! :)

Mandie said...

Oooh! I like them all. You and I think too much alike. If/when we have another, these are the top names for us:

Andrew Dean
Kate Elizabeth

Sound a lot like the ones you've picked!

The baby name wizard is the book we have and I love it.

Anonymous said...

It's all about Andrew and Elizabeth. I'm not a fan of the "t" in Westley.

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Oh man, this is a tough one! I definitely like Wesley for a boy - I've always loved that name. For the girls, it's a little tougher. Kaitlin is adorable, but I love the shortened nickname, Lizzy, for Elizabeth. As you probably know, I'm a huge fan of family names, so I think I like Elizabeth "Lizzy" Anne, to put a family name in there. However, Kaitlin is totally cute, so you can't really go wrong either way. I can't wait to find out the gender! :0)

Unknown said...

The vote is split at our house:

Andrew's votes:
Andrew & Kaitlin

Kandyce:
Wes & Kaitlin

Best of luck picking. :):)

Our blog: http://web.me.com/mccracken.andrew

Tiffany said...

I like Andrew and Elizabeth

Hannah said...

Westley James Hohmann sounds so freaking sophisticated. That's my vote.
OH! And I guess I have to put one in for the girls... Um, Elizabeth. Honestly, it reminds me of Pride and Prejudice (which I just bought) instead of Elizabeth the mother of John. Shows how religious I am...