I feel a bit like I'm the chosen goose of the game chasing some unknown prize around a circle with no apparent end. It's been a whirlwind of two months and I want so badly to catch up to myself so that I can sit down and think straight. I remember a time in my life (not too long ago) when my memory was a bit clearer, and things had their proper place. It will be a while until I feel like that again . . . like a year. :)
But until that point, I will do my best to summarize what has past to document the happenings of our lives and keep up with the present feelings and occurrences.
Late summer we did a LOT of traveling and were so grateful to get back to normal when we discovered we were moving! Michael's parents came for a visit and we went to Zion's. I went to Orlando with my mom and sisters. Michael went on a business trip to St. Louis and was able to see the Cardinals play. Tons of fun!!

Snack time!

Taken from the Court of the Patriarchs. The three biggies here (one's cut off a bit) are names Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Named by a Methodist preacher. When the LDS people came to inhabit the area, someone named a smaller peak nearby after Moroni. I love to see the different colors of rock that are manifest within the park.

Our fearless hikers. Everything Bekah did, Patrick had to do. It's only gotten worse since then. :)

Doesn't she just look ready to take on the entire park? Sandals and all?

Unfortunately, Dad was behind the camera the whole time and we have few pictures of him. But we got a lot with the rest of us and some beautiful scenery! We were all chipper and happy before the hike and though we were still smiling by the end, there were some very tired bodies in our company.

Mimi was Bekah's walking partner most of the way. They sure loved being together! And when Patrick wasn't on Papaw's shoulders, he was holding my hand. I sure treasure that feeling of a my child's hand in mine as we walk together!

Climbing every rock possible.

This is where Patrick spent most of his hiking time.

The Virgin River. It washed out the park road back in the 90's because of a rock slide and trapped a few hundred people further up the canyon. Amazing what nature does.

My pregnant self at 20 weeks. I know. You can't really tell. I wore baggy clothes on purpose to be comfortable.

Lower Emerald Pool. It doesn't look all that impressive until you realize that all that water simply seeped through the limestone rock to get there. There is no stream leading to this pool.

Here's the rock from which the water seeps.

Told you that we were all smiling by the end. We all went home and had a good nap.
1 comment:
Your kids are getting SO BIG! I love these pictures. They are great. Keep the updates coming! Can't wait to read the one about the move! haha
Post a Comment