Monday, September 28, 2009

Should I . . ?

I'm sitting at my computer downstairs listening to my kids upstairs. I called them down several times, but to no avail. So Rebekah is laughing (the teasing kind of laugh), and Patrick is crying/whining that he's not being allowed - by Rebekah - to go outside in the front yard. I decided that I wanted to let them work this one out on their own. Should I feel guilty? or just revel in the fact that for once, I'm not playing mediator?

2 comments:

The Gartin Family said...

I agree with you on trying to let kids figure it out on their own. But once it is quiet, go up there and check it out to see how it went. That is what I would do. Kids needs to see consequences of their own actions without mom and dad there. They usually learn well that way. Good Luck

Hannah said...

This is a good learning experience. Hopefully it won't turn into a nasty habit for Becca to taunt him so... But it would be REALLY funny to watch as the evolution takes place. I love kids! I miss them SO MUCH! (I guess I miss you and Michael, too... haha)