Thursday, February 18, 2010

Andrew's Three Month Mark

I can not believe that my little boy is three months old today! Time has really flown by!
Stats:
height: 22 1/2 in.
weight: 9.04 lbs.
He's doing better with his weight, but I'm also making a big effort to feed him every two-ish hours. It means he's gaining approx. one ounce per day and I feel pretty good about that. Though he's not on the chart yet, he should be following a curve by his 4 month mark.
This is his "concerned" look. We get this one most of the time. There are times that I swear I can see the synapses firing off and making connections.

Latest favorite past time: Chewing on his hands. It's becoming more and more common. I'm fine with this as long as it doesn't develop into thumb sucking. :)

'Course this one is my fav. I get this whenever I close by or looking directly at him. He's almost willing to smile at anything that smiles back.

Some things about Andrew:
  • He loves watching his brother and sister. He'll smile readily at them and coo.
  • Started cooing and babbling to the air about 3 weeks ago but does it the most when someone is there to react.
  • Loves to sit up (with help) and lay on his back to kick.
  • He's a very happy baby. He really only cries when he's very hungry or very tired. Only occasionally fusses otherwise.
  • He seems to enjoy car rides.
  • Started pulling away from me during feeding times a few days ago because he got distracted. I'm still trying to decide if that's okay.
  • Loves classical kinds of music. He won't calm down to pop or broadway, but classical can often buy us 15-20 more minutes. This has been the case since week one.
I'm getting better at the balancing act that occurs with three children. I still have a long way to go, but I can see it coming right around the corner. I'll be grateful when I don't have to feed him so often or when it won't take quite so long. But in the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy the fact that we can be so close so often. The way the Heavenly Father made our bodies is truly a miracle.

Oh yeah - he sleeps at least 8 hrs at night too. Boo-yah!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

He is so adorable!

Mindy said...

He's cute. I'm jealous of your restful nights.

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Sleep makes all miracles easier to see! Love the smiling pic best myself too :)

Emily Petty said...

Sounds like a winner of a baby!! Cute smile too!

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

He is so cute! We miss you guys!