Some things about Patrick:
- He loves Cars and Buzz/Woody. He'd watch those two movies everyday if I let him. There was a time that he had to carry his Buzz figurine everywhere with him. Then it got lost and is no more. Do you think we have a chance of finding it when we move??? (haha!)
- He has a slight fear of flies at the moment. One hit him in the head on a cold day while flying very slow and I'm sure it saw the obstruction that was Patrick in it's path but was unable to change directions soon enough.Mimi wanted to get him a fly swatter for his birthday to swat the things away, but I was too scared he'd spend more time swatting his sister or the dogs... We ended up with a lawn mower that blows bubbles. Much more friendly. :)
- He's begun to call people names. Fortunately his favorite is something like "You skulky" and I have no idea what it means or even what it's referring to.
- He weighs only two pounds less than Bekah and is only a half of a head shorter. I'm hoping he'll gain two inches by August when we go to Disneyland, but I suppose it's no great loss if he doesn't.
- Bekah loves to tease him and he loves to cry about it. I have wondered if he cries because he thinks he can get Bekah into trouble or if things really do hurt his feelings. It's probably a little of both.
- When we say prayers with him we have to be careful how to word things or we get scenarios like this: Me "Please help me make good choices..." Patrick "Please help Mommy make good choices..." I have to stifle a laugh every time. It takes some thinking to phrase it so that it comes out right on his end!
- He has begun potty training and is doing well. He's especially concerned about keeping Lightning McQueen dry and clean. Good thing we have him on our team or this could take a lot longer.
- This kid LOVES to be outside, but mostly just loves to move. I should rephrase that - I love having him outside because it means less things will be broken or bothered. Therefore, he enjoys his bike, taking walks, the trampoline, pushing Andrew in the stroller, raking leaves, shoveling snow, whatever!!
Eli's birthday is the week before Patrick's so we had a joint celebration and stuck both sets of candles on this cake.
4 comments:
What a great cake - I'm impressed with your skills! Happy Birthday to Patrick.
OH YEAH! The fly swatter thing. HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA!!! Thank you, mimi. hHA!!
I am SUPER impressed with the cake. I have no idea how I am going to be a good mother... I don't know how to do creative things like this.... I would just as soon give them a tub of frosting and call it good. ha!
Also, I laughed SO HARD at keeping lightning Mcqueen clean and dry. hahahah!!
Lastly, there was something else that I loved about your description about patrick and I don't remember what they are.... shoot!
The cake turned out great!!! Happy bday, Patrick.
Post a Comment