1. Now that I have three kids and a house that's twice the size that anyone should have with our family size, I have no time to blog. Even if I did, the brain power is being used somewhere else.
2. The good news is that I'm reading my scriptures and writing in my journal more regularly - exercise is making it in there on occasion too.
3. Andrew is finally on the growth chart. He began life on the 10% line and has now caught up to himself. He's adorable and I'll post more about him in a few days.
4. Patrick is nearly three and he's a handful! Either he's way up (i.e. running around with a wide grin and squealing at the top of his lungs) or he's creating both a bodily and wet pool on the floor with his displeasure of a situation. He's such a sweet boy though, it's hard to be frustrated with him for long.
5. We've been debating for a LONG time about whether or not to put Bekah in Kindergarten this coming year where she should be by age or hold her back to start a year later. Basics: Michael wanted to start her because she's academically ready, kindergarten is free and there's no harm in her doing it twice, right? I wanted to wait because I was seriously worried about the emotional and social harm I might put her in to have her start. I have seen her belittled before by ignorant little kids and didn't want her to be emotionally scarred for life if she wasn't somehow ready. Besides, she's young and her heart issues have caused some mild delays. I finally talked to a friend who's a elementary school counselor and she said that there would be no harm in having her do two years of kindergarten if we set the expectation for that to happen and continued to be supportive. Apparently it happens all the time and the kids themselves don't start to label others as slow or stupid until around second grade.
6. We just passed our 7 year anniversary on April 25th. See? I was too busy to even blog about that! We'll celebrate at the end of this month with a few days away at the Black Swan Inn in Pocatello. Very fun.
7. This past Sunday I fasted for the first time in over a year. It was marvelous. It felt wonderful to have that kind of experience again and to have purpose in fast Sunday. It helped that Rebekah is so determined to have her turn talking into the cool mic (a.k.a. baring her testimony) that she drags me along with her.
8. We recently had Michael's parents visit for a weekend and will get to see his brother and wifey in a week or two. We love having family visit!
9. We're gearing up for a trip to Texas in the middle of June and I'm SO excited.
10. Whoever is hogging the sun, please send a little back our way!! :( It came for a few weeks and then the wind blew it away. So although our temperatures and in the high 40's and 50's, it doesn't feel like it. We may risk going to the park for a little while today anyway. . .
3 comments:
Wynston & Garrett are in their 2nd year of Kindergarten and it has been going great! They love it and it hasn't been a big deal. I bet Bekah will LOVE Kindergarten! That will be so much fun for her. We can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! Love ya!
I'd apologize for hogging the sun, Rachael, but I'm totally unrepentant. :) Did you read Ann's FB post about her torrid affair with Mr. Sun? It makes for a good mid-day amusement.
Miss you! Come visit our sunshine anytime!
I loved catching up with you and your family! Great job on the cake--I've never tried to do a decorated cake before.
Post a Comment