A while back I was really struggling with my identity, self love, and feeling like I had control of ANYTHING in my life. During a particularly hard day I walked into Walmart and found this:
It was just what I needed. When I snagged it, Bekah asked "Mommy, why are you getting that shirt?"
"Because Mommy needs to feel empowered".
Patrick: "Why do you need to feel emp towered?"
!!!!hahaha!!!!
So I wore it gratefully for a while without any problem. I'd been empowered for under $10 at Walmart. Fulfillment can be so cheap sometimes. :)
Then we had our move and I guess Patrick hadn't seen it for a while. So when I pulled it out to wear it for the first time here he asked, "Mommy, why is that lady not modest?" .....ummmm... How do you explain a superhero -- old female superhero costume to a 4 year old? It was then that I decided that the shirts days were numbered at the Hohmann household. If I can't wear shirts that show modest people on them, then to my 4 year old I may as well not be modest. At least that's not what I want to convey. So here's to a new phase of modesty!!

2 comments:
keep the tshirt! Cut out the thingy and use it on a quilt. I have been saving all of my tshirts so I can make a tshirt quilt. Maybe just use the quilt in your room where your son can't see it....
The shirt holds a lot of meaning for you! You were emp towered that day!!
Maybe Wonder Woman just needs a little bolero jacket? Then you can be emp towered without all of the pesky immodesty. ;)
Then it will be *quite* the teaching moment of a tshirt ("Mommy, what is that piece of fabric on your shirt for?" or "Mommy, why did that lady put a shawl on Wonder Woman?") I actually really would love to see the new modest Wonder Woman shirt. I'm amusing myself just imagining it.
Post a Comment