This particular week was a busy one for us. But we won't go into that as it's in another previous
post. We were going for easy as it was hot outside and we didn't know hardly anyone that was coming. Being new in the area, we just invited all the primary kids that were her age. There are only two boys and they couldn't come, so there was a lot of estrogen running around in a confined space for two hours. I was mentally and emotionally done by the end. It was good that Mikey was there to balance me out. He did most of it. We'll be brief about presents and say that she made a much better haul than I thought she would. The girls were super nice to her and most of them had a great time. We did a bunch of water things outside. We were out of cake mixes, so we did a brownie cake that was too rich for most of the girls, but they ate their ice cream and smiled anyway! :)

This picture I love. The goggles were Andrew's present the day before and she had a hard time letting go of them for about 2 weeks. They were horrible things that filled with water and steamed up at the slightest suggestion of heat in the area. But they were hers. I think we'll have to go somewhere besides the dollar store for goggles next time.
2 comments:
How is Bekah doing with her heart these days? I'm always very curious to watch her and see what might be in store for Nathan. Besides the big Charlie Brown head, Nathan's body is very similar to Bekah's... very skinny. Dr. Cowley at Primary's indicated he thought Nathan's next surgery would be between 5 and 7 years old. Where is Bekah at and how is her pulmonary valve doing?
Also- was it hard for you to leave the area of being close to Primary Children's to a new set of doctors for her? We've had that discussion a lot lately at our house and so I was wondering what that was like for you.
the goggles, the bracelet, the hair.... it just WORKS! I love it :)
The video didn't work, however. I would love to see it!
I can't believe she is 6......!!!!!!!
Post a Comment