Monday, August 22, 2011

The Mediocre Side of Domesticity

Some would argue that I have plenty of domestic skills.  I'm not complaining.  I'm just realistic in the fact that I have a lot to learn still.  :)
So about a year before I got married (a.k.a. 9 years ago) an old friend of the family randomly gave me a wheat grinder that he had just "acquired".  He was a tad eccentric.  I hadn't used it once -- until this summer.  I was looking at all the food storage I had unpacked from our move and decided it was time to start using some of that wheat. 



I turned it on and the kids were fascinated!  We made bread afterward just to celebrate the occasion.  
Then for father's day Mikey wanted a cheesecake and I took it upon myself to give it a try.  It doesn't look like much, but it had a GREAT taste.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I have no idea when I'll try this endeavor again, but it was good this time!

2 comments:

The Gartin Family said...

You go girl!!!!!! Oughta be so proud of yourself!

Hannah said...

Did you use the wheat grinder to make the cheese cake? I am confused...

The flour is rather gorgeous, I must say! Who gave you the grinder?