All in all I feel like things are going pretty well. We have a primary program that is scheduled to happen in a little over a month, a new chorister is hopefully getting called this coming Sunday (can you imagine the pressure they will feel with the program coming?), and my secretary has been out of town for two weeks. I get overwhelmed just looking at my inbox for emails. I swear I've taken to checking it 5 times a day just to feel like I'm dog paddling through it all. But in the last few days I've had two scary realizations: 1) the building is not reserved for our Primary Program practice. I found out that another ward has it all that day and darn it - they are probably doing the same thing that we want to do. 2) I don't think the parents of children with talk/scripture assignments are aware that they have something to do this Sunday. So I just sent out a frantic email to all the necessary parents. What's the worst that happens? -- So we don't have a talk in Jr. or Sr. primary? Guess worse things could happen. Right? Nevermind, don't answer that...
Oh, and I have to do my very first sharing time this week. I'm a little anxious about that. Mostly because I've never done one.
This is fun. Next time I get a big calling, just remind me that I lived through this and if I don't, I will die in the effort and therefore go straight to Heavenly Father for my efforts. :)
8 comments:
You'll be a wonderful primary president Rachael. Whom the Lord calls, he qualifies - Keep dog paddling through and He will be there with a life raft to pick you up if you start to drown. :) Love ya!
You will do so good! If you can't get the building to practice on a Saturday, last year we just practiced during Primary for the 2 or 3 weeks up to the program--just make arrangements for the class who normally meets where you want to practice to go somewhere else. That way you have all the children because it's Sunday. :) Primary is so much fun!! I was just released from there last week. :( So sad.
You will be fabulous!! Remember that the Lord will help you. Also, I serve in primary right now, and about 50% of the time the kids who were assigned talks didn't show up prepared, so we just skip it. It's no biggie not to have talks every now and then. :) Everything will work out.
I am the primary chorister, and I have found that there are tons of fabulous ideas online for teaching sharing / singing time. This may help you in preparing for sharing time. Don't feel that you have to re-invent the wheel. I find it helpful to read about other people's really good/creative ideas and then tweak them as I feel inspired for my own primary. A good place to start is sugardoodle.com.
Good luck!
You could move the date of the presentation. Talk to the Bishop. Some wards do not do their primary presentation until December--kinda like a Christmas presentation--without it being a Christmas theme. But isn't the reason for the season all about Christ as is the Primary theme for the presentation....just a thought. Postponing it a month wouldn't hurt anything.
You are awesome and will be a great Primary president!! Those are some lucky and blessed primary kids in your ward. Crazy timing, though! That's true what Darrel says as well - the program just needs to happen in the last quarter of the year. BUT, I'm sure it will be great whenever it happens. People just love to hear the kids and feel of the sweet spirit they bring. Go Rachael!! :)
The thing that is so amazing with a new calling like yours, is that your thoughts are SO consumed by your calling. I think it's the Lord helping us to sort out the important things and reminding us that it's not the program--it's the people--that should come first. If you've got good counselors, you'll be fine. And parents love their children performing regardless of how well they do. You'll do great. Love, Aunt Bonnie
I don't need to say it but I must. You will do a fabulous job! I am so excited for you.
And guess what? Sunday 3-hour of church will be over. Dinner will be great. The sunday nap will still feel incredible.
It all works out in the end. But thanks for keeping it real!
Post a Comment