In Utah and Idaho you have to have an account with the garbage company and have certain garbage bins for them to pick up your trash. You can't have it outside of the bin sitting on the curb.
Here in Ohio, they do trash a little differently. There are two men: one driver and one in the back picking up each garbage can. You don't have to have an account and you can use whatever garbage can you want as long as it's on the curb before they come. Trash bags and boxes can be on the curb by themselves and they will be picked up. For this I'm grateful. It's less worry and work for me.
But I often find this left in the pouring rain of the morning:
Notice that both lids are off and the garbage cans are collecting rain. If there was a cheap way to ship it to my in-laws in Texas where there is a huge drought, I wouldn't mind so much.
Sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder at the thought process some people have. Yes, you may be out in the rain collecting garbage. But that's part of your job. Every job has it's downsides. Could you at least have the courtesy of closing the garbage can lids so they don't collect the rain/snow?
Thank you for your consideration.

No comments:
Post a Comment