Monday, September 5, 2011

Context Clues

This morning Patrick told Bekah about how Daddy shares his deoderant with him sometimes.  Please note that it had been several days since Daddy had shared.
P: "This is my armpit and it's where we get stinky.  Daddy puts deoderant on my armpit so I don't stink!  Smell it Bekah!  Smell the deoderant and see how good it smells."
B: smells and makes a small face of "I'm not sure how I feel about this."
P: "Does the deoderant smell good?"
B: "Not really."
P:  "Daddy YOU smell my armpit!"
D:  "No thanks."
P:  "Mommy, You smell my armpit!"
M:  "No thanks."
D:  "Patrick, that's where we get stinky.  You don't ask people to smell where we get stinky."

At this Andrew stands up in his high chair, pats his diaper (which is stinky) and says loudly, "Teeek!"  Translated this means stinky.  At least we're communicating what stinky means...

Yesterday Michael took Patrick to the restroom.  Patrick got a WAD of paper towels.  "Patrick, why are you getting such a big paper towel?"
P:  "Cause I'm getting miles and miles and miles apart!  All ...I wanna do..... is be wich-oo....  be wich-ooo."

Yes, he started singing the HSM 3 song.  Right there in the middle of church in the bathroom.


A few days ago I was having one of those PMS-y hours right before dinner.  I had totally tuned the kids out until I heard this:
Bekah:  "No, they followed Satan's plan.  They drink al-col.  Satan's drink is al-col."
All I can say is at least we're getting the basics across.  :)

Also today:  Bekah is shinning a flashlight into everyone's eyes and we ask her not to.  She then shines it in her own eyes.  Again we ask her not to.
B:  "Why?"
Us:  "It hurts your eyes and if you do it too much you might go blind."  (So this is probably far from the truth.  It's back to the "if you pull that face too often it might get stuck like that" routine that all moms pull.
B: "You mean all I would see is black and dark?"
Us:  "Yep.  You wouldn't see any of these colors or any of these shapes."
Thinking....
B:  "Then you could get me my very own doggy to help me see!!" 
Guess there's always a silver lining for a kid. 

3 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Oh, I love it. Especially the very last comment about the dog. Way to look on the bright side, Bekah.

Hannah said...

I knew I loved Bekah but that just adds to it-- I love dogs and would gladly join her in the dog fest if we were both blind.

HSM 3 KILLED me!! HAHA!!

The stink story is pretty priceless.

These are very funny stories and I am glad you posted!

Dawnie said...

I was rolling while reading that! Oh man that was funny. I'm going to copy it into a email so he can read it. He needs a good laugh.