Monday, October 31, 2011
Absolutely Exhausted
Our ward is in the midst of a 40-day fast for the missionaries serving in our area. It's in a effort to help stimulate the work and help them find those who can/will be taught. Our turn to fast came last Saturday. We had briefly explained to the kids what was going on so that they wouldn't be shocked when Mommy and Daddy weren't eating with them. Then Patrick asked for more details after breakfast. Shortly thereafter, he decided that he wanted to fast with us 'cause he wanted to be "just like Daddy"! Not wanting to squelsh his enthusiasm, we agreed and assumed that his will power would dwindle around 1 p.m. He went without lunch and proceeded to go help with an Eagle Scout project that afternoon with Daddy. He came home relatively chipper. Then the ceiling hit the fan and in his eyes, everything was wrong. We tried to convince him to eat something but he wouldn't hear of it. "I want to fast for dinner too! Just like Daddy!" Eventually Michael got him to sit still long enough that he fell asleep.I love that sleep can cure so much. He forgot about fasting long enough to eat and drink a little something and he was himself again. I was so proud of him for wanting to do it. But I think I'll set some limits next time so we don't have a meltdown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I usually get cranky when I miss ONE meal and I am "an adult." Don't know how this little guy did it.....
I wish I had enough will power and motivation that someone had to beg me to eat....
=)
Post a Comment