I was in charge of the ward Halloween Carnival and honestly, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I loved how much fun my kids had in their costumes and with their friends. I loved that they had more fun than candy. I loved that I got a chance in interact with some of the primary kids that I don't see often. And it wasn't that hard. I already have ideas for improvements for next year. I didn't get any complaints, only compliments. We didn't get many pictures from the night since Michael had the kids all by himself (I was manning a booth and only got away for a moment for a family picture). Here are the sole pictures of the night:
Rebekah has a brown face because she asked the girls at the face painting booth to make her look like the stick that should be holding her sign up.... We decided that it wasn't worth arguing. :) Rebekah had a ball roaming around on her own and following friends. Patrick was inseparable with the nerf gun booth and the nail hammering booth. Okay, I think Michael got him to throw a football once. Andrew enjoyed going around and attempting to raid candy bowls with a dose of his smile and charm. It worked on me a few times. Otherwise, he'd have to attempt the game to get a piece of candy. Michael, bless him, simply followed Andrew around and managed to spend some time with Patrick too. My bean bag toss booth was the slowest booth in the room, but I won't complain. I enjoyed watching everyone else and seeing what was working well and what wasn't.
Tonight was pumpkin carving night. Honestly, we haven't had time to carve them yet. We've been too busy. But today turned out to be perfect. Patrick was the only one to receive a carving wound and it was at the hand of yours truly. It was not one of my brighter "mommy moments". Fortunately, it was quickly mended and the fascination with carving the pumpkins continued. We have a strange few traditions that have been inherited from my family.
For some reason my video isn't loading up. Check a future post to find it.
The night ended well. All were pleased with their pumpkins and were happy to see them outside and a light. This part of Halloween, I love. Family and traditions. Thank you for wonderful memories guys! I will always treasure these.




1 comment:
I love that Bekah wanted to have her face painted! HAHAHAHA!!
How did you come up with the idea to be signs? That's pretty clever!
Post a Comment