Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Has Arrived


This is my favorite season.  Definitely.  I love the smell in the air, the crunch of the leaves and the crispness of everything.  I love the spices that are associated with fall, the colors, and the weather.  I love wearing a sweater, light jacket, or and sweatshirt.  This is my first fall in the east and I've noticed that the colors are a little different.  But in general, it's still fall and I love that everything changes for fall.
A few days ago Patrick and I went on a leaf hunt and found this one.  I'd never seen such vibrant red coupled with healthy green!  We then did leaf rubbings and Patrick giggled so much from excitement that it was hard to keep the paper in one place over the leaf.  He was so thrilled to see the leaf pattern appear on the paper.  It was just like magic!  And honestly, what better kind of magic is there than the discovery of Heavenly Father's wonders?!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I love fall in the East! I always thought it was a more complete experience, rather than the warm to freezing of Rexburg ;)

Hannah said...

It is my favorite season, too :) Funny.... I hate the cold. But I love the crisp air!!

Dawnie said...

Ohhh! Me too!