I chose a new background today. This is so representative of Cincinnati. I love the weather here in general. (At least I'm not having to shovel my way out of my driveway every day and the temperatures are more mild than some climates I've lived in.)
I love the green. It rains a lot and therefore it's very green most of the year. Even now in the middle of winter the grass is green - a dead looking green, but still green. But it rains A LOT. So that means the sky is often overcast and the sunlight somewhat pale in the winter. But that's okay. I'm still getting natural light and that's always a boost to the moral.
I also chose it because of my mood. This is one of those days that I wish (in part) that I could take a day off of motherhood and just read a book or ponder about how I'm feeling. So many emotions, no ideas about where they started or how to sort through them, and no quiet time to figure them out. I've read my scriptures, so that's helped. But for now. I'll look at my new background and feel somewhat consoled that my sunshine outside and my own windowpanes don't look quite that gloomy or wet. :) And after time passes, I'll feel better.
1 comment:
We need each other so much! I was going through that last week and this time it is your turn. I am sorry it was so tough yesterday :(
Post a Comment