Monday, February 20, 2012

Mike here in one of my extremely rare posts.  You know you must be doing something right despite all of your inadequacies when you have special moments like tonight with your kids.  I was tucking in Bekah after her brothers were already in bed asleep.  She was doing a breathing treatment so she missed out on scriptures & prayer.  She got her own verses & her own special prayer with daddy.  She asked me to say it tonight.  On an inspiration I decided to spend most of the prayer thanking Heavenly Father for my little girl who's life he has seen fit to save on multiple occasions & blessed our home with her wonderful spirit, her happy countenance, and caring attitude.  It was a bit longer than usual prayer & I wondered when I finished if she had gotten distracted or fallen asleep.  To my surprise, she looked up at me just grinning from ear to ear & said, "Daddy you made me as happy as I have ever been just now." Why? I ask. "Because you just said so many nice things about me!" I told her I pray for her all the time & then she told me when I have to stay late at work she prays for me too.  Then she jumped up with her arms spread wide & gave me a huge daddy bear hug saying how much she loved me just as much as I loved her.  It melts your heart.  Of course then after that she proceeded to tell me how much she loved her Uncle Joseph in China as much as she loved me and I loved her . . . well at least the message is hitting home.  Being a dad is fun.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

that is such a great post! I am glad she is doing well!

Emily Petty said...

That is really special. I need to remember to let my kids hear me pray for them.

Jennifer said...

So, so sweet.