Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Horrible-ness

Two nights ago my throat started hurting.  It wasn't out of the ordinary that this should happen this time of year.  But when I woke up at 2 a.m. it was throbbing.  I was in more pain than I'd been in a long time and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep without doing something.  My throat now felt like I had two golf balls fighting inside.  I coughed so hard that I vomited - that's never fun - and it HURT.  I wanted to go to the ER.
Michael gave me a blessing (his keys were in the car, so he even went outside in the dead of night to get his oil) and it allowed me to have hope and a little more sleep.  He stuck around in the morning to help get Bekah on the bus, cause I couldn't talk at all. 
We called the doctor's office, twice.  And they didn't answer.  So I just went.  Three and a half hours later I was finally home with a diagnosis and medicine.  I had strep throat.  I honestly don't remember it being this bad as a kid.  Maybe things are worse when you're an adult?  I was feverish, achy, and exhausted. 
We hit a record high yesterday - 4 movies in one day.  That's how horrible I felt.  I ate 2 cans of Chicken Noodle soup.  I was afraid that anything else would be too difficult to swallow.  The kids had hot dogs and crackers and cheese for dinner.  I took two hot baths to warm up and two naps.  The boys in particular were very patient with me.  But by the end of the day they were jumping on the couch and running toward each other to do a full body slam before falling to the floor in giggles.  They sure had cabin fever!
In short - I hope I don't pass this one to anybody.

2 comments:

Derek and Amanda said...

Ah that's terrible! I also thought the same thing when I first got an ear infection. I was in SOO much pain. That is my biggest fear. Getting an ear infection. It must be worse as an adult. Or babies and kids are WAY tougher than we are. Get better soon! That's no fun at all! If I lived near you, I'd bring you soup and ice cream. Get better!!

Brian M said...

I'm having awful sympathy pains just reading this.