Hard to believe this mischievous boy is three. He was smiling and then pulled this face last minute - so typical! He loves to help with anything and everything, is eager to learn (especially if it means doing something his older siblings are doing), and gets into everything. I've caught him with his hands in the sugar bin, he's broken more objects than the other two combined, and tackles his brother down during morning prep time every single day. For his birthday we took everyone to a mega-arcade and gave them a certain amount to blow. Fortunately, they earned enough tickets to come home with more than a sucker and a tootsie roll. The best part? They had a great time and came home willingly and happy! Miracles truly happen, folks! The kids bought him his own water bottle from BYU and he's thrilled. We like to start them on college favorites early......(should I mention that each of them is getting some BYU gear for Christmas???)
I was supposed to share birthdays with Andrew - but he came early. I'm grateful. I like having my own special day. It started out with a chorus of three angelic children singing Happy Birthday to me after breakfast.......And then they missed the bus. Oh, well! It was still a very good day. I'm so blessed have each of my kids and excited to add little Elizabeth to our mix. Each of them has unique things about them that are parts of me, Michael, or that teach me how to grow. I have a husband that couldn't love me more perfectly and appreciates all that I do. I have faith and hope in myself and in my Savior. I have a gospel that teaches repentance, progress, and eternal salvation and glory.
Here was my glorious birthday cake:
I might complain a tad, but I don't like cake anyway. I split this into three for the kids and helped myself to a Dr. Pepper instead. One of these days I'll learn how to make a good apple pie and my birthday will be complete. :)
They were trying to be sneaky one day and took a lot of fuzzy pictures with my phone. But I kept this one because it caught all of them with signature expressions. Love my kiddos!
Mikey's not necessarily one to have facial hair, but he decided to try for a goatee over the break and I don't think it turned out half bad! Last year when he did this his mom said he looked like an escape convict.... I thought it was kinda sexy in a very different way.
There there is this kid. He and Andrew were running around like little devils and collided. Unfortunately for Patrick, his head then collided with the corner of the banister and now he has a nasty black eye to show for it. I don't know if I've ever seen a goose egg that big before. I had to email his teacher and hope she wouldn't think I was hitting my son. I'll see if I can post an updated picture with all the pretty colors. Happy day. He's been a good sport about it so far.




1 comment:
Michael ought to take on the no-shave november challenge.. I bet his mom/boss would LOVE that! haa!
Love the picture of the kids all on your phone. They are so stinking cute!
Post a Comment