Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bloopers

I wish I could say that these sorts of things didn't happen very often, but if that were true, I probably wouldn't be able to laugh about them. Here are two instances of the way my brain works at times:
I needed to wash the curtains covering the sliding door entrance to the backyard. So I removed them and looked for any washing instructions. Not finding any, I assumed that I could wash them as normal. When I pulled them from the dryer a few hours later, one of the first things I noticed was a tag that said "Dry Clean Only". Hmmm. I swear it wasn't there before. Fortunately, it didn't do more than shrink them a little. Now they're about 6 inches too short, but they still do the job nicely!
I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I took my husband's advice and had some chicken noodle soup for lunch. I dumped the stuff into a bowl, warmed it in the microwave and preceeded to eat. Two thoughts came to mind as I began eating: 1) "Gee, I remember there being a lot more liquid in this kind of soup." 2) "This broth sure is strong stuff." You probably put two and two together sooner than I did. Halfway through my soup I realized that I had completely forgotten to add a can of water to the can of soup. All Campbell's soups are the same and you would have thought that water wouldn't have slipped the equation, but I managed. All I could do was shake my head and laugh at myself.

2 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

It's the MOMMY brain, I promise:). I think that makes me feel better to here that, I feel like there is a little hope:)! I actually asked my doctor if Fish Oil and Fatty omega three pills will help (I saw that on Oprah with Dr. Oz), I couldn't even hold a conversation! I love that you can laugh at yourself, makes things a bit easier to deal with huh? I enjoyed this post:).

Beth said...

It's great to laugh at yourself every once in a while - brings you back to reality!