Friday, November 9, 2007

A Few Firsts

I tried something new with her hair. I don't have any sponge curlers, but I wanted curly. So I rolled rags into her hair. It turned out pretty well, though I forgot to take pictures. I have some ideas to make it better next time.

Rebekah helped make her first batch of cookies this last week. She didn't know what was in store for her when we placed her on the stool and handed her the mixer.

But she was delighted to be doing something new with Daddy. She enjoyed the fruits of her labors as well . . .

This is the first year she's been well enough or old enough to appreciate the changing seasons. She wants a turn with the rake, the broom, the mop - whatever we happen to be using at the time. I showed her how to help fill the bag with the pile of leaves and she was addicted. Now whenever she sees a pile of leaves, she grabs a hand full and proceeds to carry it around the yard looking for the bag in which to place them. 'Course she drops leaves all along the way and we're back to raking at that point. :)

Our trash can was pretty full. So to get all the leaves in, Michael had to jump in and smash them down. I think it's funny to see him in the trash can - not that I'd ever want him to stay there . . .

No comments: