Friday, November 9, 2007

Opinions Please?`

I am currently eating some Swiss Miss pudding. The "indulgent" kind with extra fat. Okay, so it's supposed to be for Rebekah. But she lost her privilege to eat it for lunch and I was still hungry. Therefore, I'm eating her pudding. Occasionally it pays to eat leftovers. :)

Anyway - that was not the point of this post. I'm planning on getting my hair cut or just "fixed" this Thanksgiving. So you have until the day before to tell me how you think I should do it. Here is what it currently looks like.
It's not that I don't like it this way. It's just that it ends up in a ponytail or braid shortly after it's dry (or before then if it starts to bug me early). I don't like having it in my face when I have to bend over all day to get to needy children. But here's the rub: I've never ratted my hair, never been good at putting "products" in it, and like to be able to flip it wherever whenever. So question #1: Should I even cut it? Question #2: If yes, how should I do it? I need feedback either way folks. I'm floundering!

7 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

I wish I could help, but I am in the same position except I think yours looks good. Mine is always wavy and poofy. When you find the answers forward them my way, trust me I really need them! I have been trying to recruit help from ladies in my ward:).

Mark, Michelle, Tava, and Connor said...

We think that you should go shoulder length with layers. It is too flat and layers would liven it up some. Love ya.

Sheena said...

I am in the same boat as you. I have no idea what to do with my hair. But here are some suggestions. I'd say cut it to shoulder length like Mark and Michelle said. You could do some layers. Personally I don't like a lot of layers, it makes it hard to do,but one long layer would give it a fresh look, without too much change. Also you could try getting some long bangs cut, maybe to your chin. They're not really bangs, but they would frame your face some. Those are just some things that I've done in the past to give myself a change. Hope this helps. I need some advice myself, I do the ponytail thing basically every day!

Scott Clayson said...

Hey girl!

Ok, I do the pony tail thing all the time, but I've found that fun clips and "accessories" really liven up the boring tail. (Even a shiny well groomed horse looks good with beads and bangels in their hair). Go to www.hairstyle.com and you put in a picture of you and then "try on" hundreds of hair styles. There's a virtual model and its $15 for 3 months. Sounds like alot at first, but if you are seeing all the great looks on you, then later you won't be waisting hair cuts and styles. Good luck!

Kat Curtis said...

I like the horse comment from above. That's fun. Rachael - you are hilarious! I got a big laugh out of your pudding comment. I totally do that. I agree with the comment from the top - shoulder length w/ layers would look great. I just chopped mine - it's liberating to change your hair. You're great!! :)

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

Yes, cut it. Change is always good and very refreshing. I change my hair all time and I love it! grow it out--reshape it--keep growing--all one length--cut it shorter--add shape--shorter--CHOP!--let it grow out--you get the drift.....Hair is only going to keep growing, so why not cut it. Go for above shoulder length. What you're looking for is dimension. Get some sweeping bangs that grace your forhead and layers that can be either curled under or flipped out. Then, darken it a little bit. Adding any kind of color will give some damage to your hair that will add volume and help it style easier and better - without the use of products. You're Gorgeous already, just add a little spunk! Love you.

Jessica said...

Go to shep's salon in provo. Ask for Patrick. He can help you out. They all do amazing work. And they can tell you what will look goon on your face and how much time a day you want to spend doing your hair. Like the less time the better in my opinion.