Today was perfectly normal and slow until my Carbon Monoxide alarm started going off around 2:30 p.m. Yeah, not fun. I couldn't figure it out, both kids were asleep, and I was trying desperately to stop the noise. No success there. My neighbor came over to try to help and she did help some, but it kept going off. I finally called a repairman and preceeded to wait for much longer than I wanted to wait. In the meantime, I was completely out of diapers and formula. Both kids were happy for the moment, but I knew it was short lived if I didn't have those two essentials. So I rushed to the store trying to beat the repairman and the pizza man. (I wasnt' in the mood to cook after an afternoon of constant beeping.) I had the genius idea to try changing the battery of the alarm once I got home: Insta-quiet! Call off the repairman! However, after 30 minutes of quiet, it's begun to chirp at me again. This time only the "battery" light is going off. It's a brand new battery!! If someone were trying to stress me out and cause anxiety this would be the way to do it. It's been a long day. I'm ready for bed . . .
Thanksgiving, etc. pictures will come in a day or two.
3 comments:
Have you ever seen the Friends episode with Phoebe and the smoke alarm? Reminded me of that. Maddness!
Hey, how are your voice lessons going?
And that is the reason people take batteries out and never put them back in! Sorry for your crazy times, can't wait to see you Saturday!
I hate days like that, they REALLY can make anybody on edge! Ordering pizza was the best thing to do:)!
Post a Comment