Thursday, March 27, 2008
Coxsackie Virus
Why do we always have to catch the weird stuff? I swear. I never knew this virus existed! It's viral, so there's nothing the doctors can do. Lovely. I'll let you read about it here, but basically, it starts with a high fever (102+ degrees). Eventually, in Rebekah's case, she now has sores like cold sores on the back of her throat that discourage swallowing and therefore, eating. As if she needs to lose weight or something . . . If she gets spots on her hands or feet then it's turned into "hand, foot, and mouth" disease. It's highly contagious for kids under 5 which means Patrick is sure to get it. Yea. I'm not too excited about the next few weeks. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That sounds awful! Especially the throat sores. Ouch. I hope she gets better soon and that Patrick doesn't get it!
I'm so sorry! It's terrible when anyone is ill - but a child?! They just get so frustrated. I hope Patrick stays in the clear & Rebekah gets well quick!
Carter was sick the other day and I took him into the docs office and she specifically checked for that because she said its been going around. Weird, huh?
Boy oh boy. I hope Rebekah gets better soon. It doesn't sound pleasant at all.
Lame. I'm sorry! I hope it passes by quickly.
Poor girl and Momma, it is VERY frustrating to see your kid sick especially when they can't eat or drink and are that much more miserable!!:( Why is it too all the small children or skinny women get the sickness that makes it hard for them to eat or drink, I could really use some help to lose those pounds:)J/K! I hope she feels better and I hope you get the rest that you need to better give her that T.L.C.!
Oh, and I agree about the polotics comment too! I don't like her, but I also don't like to see the "dirtiness" that goes along with it all! Why can't people run for office by using the good things about themselves instead of bringing out all the dirt on others?!
Oh Ramie, I'm so sorry! That doesn't sound fun at all! Poor little Bekah-Boobers. We miss you guys so much! Hope she gets feeling better soon. Love to you all! xoxo
Post a Comment