Saturday, March 22, 2008

Springtime in St. George

Yes, I know. Some of you are thinking, "It's only March"! But springtime "springs" very early because the warm season is so much longer than the cool season. It's been nice to drive/walk around and see blossoms left and right. Even now that I'm older, I get this very real sense of renewal, twiterpation, and life. 'Course, it gets so hot here that the life that's sprung forth from spring dies off for the most part by mid-summer. I guess you I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.
The temperatures have been very beautiful in the mid 70's and I've been sunburned a few times. I wish I was brave enough to wear shorts or capri's in this weather. But I'm a wus (how DO you spell that word). I don't generally wear shorts until it's far too hot to wear pants anymore. Here are a few pictures of the desert beauty that we have around here.

3 comments:

Mandie said...

Sounds like we're in the same kind of weather now days. I love it. Don't love June, July and August though. :)

Glad you're getting comfortable down there!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

So pretty, I love Spring, it always feels like a fresh start with everything in bloom! How are you liking it there? Are you getting situated and making good friends yet? I think it would be nice to move to another state, I am just to chicken to leave family:)!

Melyssa said...

I am SOOO jealous of your lovely spring weather. You know how Spring (or lack thereof) is in Rexburg, I am looking forward to May when it is FINALLY spring around here. I had to shovel snow off my driveway yesterday! :)