being in kindergarden and the kid behind me pulled me backward onto his lap during storytime to give me a kiss. Don't even remember his name at this point, but we both got into trouble. I should've known then that I was in for it!
standing in a line waiting for Mrs. Jarrett (1st grade teacher) to look at something. Jill was in front of me and suddenly, we turned to eachother and started something that lasted until I moved away. It involved making a very stupid noise while dropping your jaw to make your face/mouth long, then getting as "in your face" as you could possibly get. Sounds geeky, and frankly, it probably was a little, but we thought it was funny and still laughed at it when we were 14.
chasing boys all during recess. I also remember eating those "belly-button" plants. Lord knows I would die if I found Rebekah eating something as gross and unknown on a playground, but I swear we survived on them. It was a regular snack time food!
having serious crushes on Josh David and Chad Ellis. Josh faded in and out through the school years. Chad on the other hand was this serious love/hate thing. I never actually stopped liking him while I went to that school, but I still have pictures in which I scratched out his face with a paperclip. I was so frustrated that he wouldn't give me the time of day after 4th grade (maybe it was 3rd grade). MAYBE it was because in 3rd grade he gave me a precious glass dove. I loved it! But my mom made me give it back. I was crushed. Maybe he was too and that's why he never spoke to me (literally) again until Sophmore year. -- He said "hi". -- Whoopee. I know. I'm pathetic. Or at least I was, right?
going to Woodland creek and catching crawdads with Jill. Okay, she caught the crawdads and I just pretended to want to catch them. To tell the truth, I was terrified by the things if they got too close. But it was fun to walk in the water and feel adventurous none the less!
2 comments:
Recalling happy memories from childhood is so great. The high's were so high and the low's so very low - but they always seemed to even out.
Racheal, you crack me up! I wouldn't touch a craw-dad these days..I just HATE bugs. :) I had forgotten about the face thing. People must have thought we were SO annoying. :)
Post a Comment