I heard yesterday that Phillip Ricks, passed away suddenly. He was around 65-ish. Not that old, considering. Apparently he had a stroke Christmas night and then passed a few days later. This was the man who taught me to make bread. It was his wife's recipe, but he was the one who had been making it and tweaking it for several years. He taught me that passion can be intensely quiet. That leadership is a gift and comes in all sorts of ways. He was kind. A man with a lot of old fashioned goodness. He was an avid barbershop singer and a man who loved his family. He had 9 children. I dated the youngest for several years. Very good family and very good people. My heart goes out to them.
I can't imagine loosing a parent at this stage in the game. It's at times like these that I realize how fragile life is. I wonder if I spend enough time with my parents and my in-laws. Do they know that I love them? I need to forgive more, judge less, and love more. I want so badly to attend the funeral - to be there for my friend and his mother who loved me like a daughter for so long. I don't think weather will permit it. But my heart is there.
2 comments:
It is fragile. Something I forget quite a bit.
I feel ya. I was shocked and sad, too
Post a Comment