Friday, October 14, 2011

Overacheivers Make Me Sick

However, at the same time I sit in awe of the pure genius and simplicity of the idea, and all the work that went into creating it and making it happen. 

Example:  I went to Enrichment the other night (or whatever it's called nowadays).  The theme was "Something to Go" and it was all centered around cars.  We had a simple tutorial on the basic fluids under the hood and how to check them (or leave them alone).  They covered basic tire maintainence.  Then we went inside and got a run-down of what to carry in your car in case of emergency.  We spend so much time in the car in general that you should be prepared wherever and whenever you can.  You may have to "bug in" to your car and stay there for a while, or you may have to "bug out" of your home and your car would then be a necessary tool to get you out.  That was great and interesting just by itself.  I found it helpful and useful.  Then I went to get refreshements and found this staring back at me:



 Pretty amazing, huh?  I was also revolted and my senses are still battling over whether the disgust or the awesomeness of this scenario wins out.  Still going with the "Something to Go" theme, they made a bunch of yellow cupcakes with sesame seed on top.  Then take a circular cookie cutter to a thin chocolate cake and it gives you the hamburger.  Coconut dyed green coupled with green frosting makes the lettuce.  Ketchup and mustard are simply frosting.  Now get this......  the fries are sugar cookies cut into strips with sugar on top.  Not joking.  See why I'm fascinated and disgusted all at the same time?  It was a real trip eating the things. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

Great idea for an activity. I can't believe that dessert, though! Who has that kind of time? Cheers to them for wanting to make the evening extra special. I just wouldn't have had the patience for it.