Saturday, July 28, 2007

Confessions of a horrible picture taker

I admit - I'm not good with a camera. The pictures I take turn out fine, but I always forget that the camera is hanging around my neck. Therefore, I'm guilty of not taking nearly enough pictures. I really hope that all the children after Rebekah forgive me. Michael was the one who took most of Bekah's pictures and now that he actually has a job, the pictures taken have seriously dwindled in number. I'll try to be better, but with any luck Michael will be with me at most events worth recording. :)
In the meantime, I'm ever so grateful that Mimi (Michael's mother) was here to help out with the picture numbers. As a result, you get to see quite a bit more detail of their visit here.

First are some random pictures from the Mayan and Patrick's big beautiful eyes.


The siblings all together: Michael, Alisha, and Walter. I know they don't necessarily look like siblings, but it helps a ton to either have them all together or to just watch their mannerisms. Definitely raised by the same parents. :) Sorry the picture is dark. Had something to do with the sun going down. Hmmm.


Next are pictures from the Children's Discovery Museum. They all had a blast! Some of them are taken in a mini-theater where the kids are able to make up their own play with the costumes provided. Michael was the bravest of us all when he took on the role of director. Hard cast if you ask me!

Random one of Rebekah discovering that she can make the balls pop up by turning a wheel and loving it.





The first weekday that they were here Walter came over and gave all the kids rides on our scooter. What a blast for them! Probably the closest they'll get to a motorcycle until they're out from under their mother's roof and she no longer has a say! Needless to say that they had a great time. Good job Walty!!

Walter and Celeste: the spitting image of her mother when she was young.

Walter and Joshua: a darn good imitation of Michael as a kid. Funny thing is that we have a picture of Michael riding a motorcycle at about the same age with his uncle Walter in the very same position. I have to say, though that our Walter has a much better look about him. More wholesome. :)

Walter and Aaron: Are we sure this is only Walter's nephew? You'd swear that it's it's his own child.

Then the mommas watching from the sidewalk with the kids that are too little to take a ride. Guess they'll have to come up again in a year or two. Ah, shucks. Guess we're only missing a picture of the Mimi who took all of the pictures. Sorry Mom . . .

3 comments:

Bob said...

You look pretty cool on that bike, Michael.

Beth said...

I don't have kids and I find it difficult to get out my camera for most any occasion. I think there are two types of people in this world - those who take pictures and those who look at them! You're doing a great job!

Hannah said...

you are going to have to figure out how to talk with full sentences.... :) What is on Rebekah's face?