Friday, July 27, 2007

Guy Smiley

I don't know how many of you will remember Guy Smiley on Sesame Street. Maybe he's still a part of it (I haven't seen Sesame Street for ages). Lately Patrick has be the spitting image in that he smiles all of the time. You either get a smile, or a look of intense concentration that almost looks like anger. It's rather funny. A stranger was passing me in Wal-Mart today and ended up keeping pace with me for a few seconds before saying, "He's sure stuck on watching you!" refering to Patrick. I think that's probably a good thing. Every boy's first love should be their mother. Rebekah is very gentle with him and wants to give him his binki or his bottle every chance she gets. Therefore, I have to be careful where I leave either to ensure that he doesn't lose an eye in Rebekah's attempts to help him. Every morning she's very excited to see "baby Gagick" and each time he crys after waking up from his nap, she won't rest until I say "Should I go get the baby"? She giggles, "Okay"! It's delightful. He's starting to coo a bit more and will have short conversations with me. He's still very alert and he managed to stay happy for almost two hours this morning! Besides that, he was in his car seat the entire time!!! Why don't doctors consider that a major milestone for some babies? It certainly should be one for him.

1 comment:

Mandie said...

I think Patrick and Carter look a little alike, especially in the eyes. Except Carter is a chunk.