Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cranky, Tantrum, and Nap - Oh YES!!

This was one of those times when all of your kids (in my case two) decide to scream all at the same time. Course, it has to be right when Daddy has left for work and I'm doing solo defense. Rebekah was in a tantrum, which meant that reagardless of how I treated her, she would continue to wail until she was done. Being the kind-hearted mother that I am, I opted to try to hold her rather than ignore her this time. (One of those "choose-your-battle" moments.) As I'm holding the inconsolable toddler, her brother decides it's his turn and turns up the volume. So I ended up holding both kids in their slobbery, noisy state and suddenly I'm realizing how absolutely funny this must appear to any fly on the wall. Amidst all the whining I have to grin to myself and then reality sets back in. I have to settle them down somehow. I try singing. Nothing. I try quiet. Nothing. And then - Rebekah calms for a moment only to catch her breath. I will spare you the rest of the antics. I did manage to quiet them, change both diapers, AND get them both into bed within the hour. WHEW! It doesn't always go that nicely. A time to be grateful for only two little souls. :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

I only have one and I feel like I do that every day! Oh, to be moms! Great story.
-Liz

JoJo said...

The ability to calm down two screaming kids deserves some recognition! Great work staying sane! :)

BMac said...

We should trade stories about why in the world we decided to have a second child and whether we will ever consider the next.

Hannah said...

I'm so excited to be a mom???