Friday, May 23, 2008

Christmas in May?

It's raining and is registering 70 degrees outside. I just put itunes to playing "Christmas Portrait" by the Carpenters. However, this is not because it's cool outside. (I know - some of you are wondering why in the world I'm considering 70 degrees cool.) I think this album in particular is more "happy" music for me. Although it's christmas music, it's more the happy memories that come with it that have the pull to play it in the middle of May.

7 comments:

Emily Petty said...

I LOVE the Carpenter's Christmas album - I play it all the time too. I've always loved Karen Carpenter's low voice, although my light lyric will never develop into that.

Mandie said...

Sleigh Ride and Merry Christmas Darling are two of my most favorite christmas songs. I always thought I was a dork cause I loved the Carpenters. Guess I'm not alone.

Generational stitcher said...

Love the Carpenter's and love Christmas music...who cares what time of year it is?? It's helps feel cooler when it's hot outside, and makes me happier all around...my hubby thinks I am nuts...my kids...they never know what to do when I turn it on in the summer. :D

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

You know it is like Christmas here....in ARIZONA! Both Flagstaff and Lakeside recieved snow a couple (at least) times this week. One day my parents woke up to four inches...crazy! Even down here, we have been getting out our winter clothes again. Oh, and I love Christmas music...anytime of year!

Jenny and Al said...

I'm right there with you! I don't pull out Christmas music for good until the fall, but sometimes I'll pull it out once every summer just because it makes me happy. :)

Kat Curtis said...

I was actually about to pull out a Christmas CD today, so it was great to read that you put a Christmas song on. And 70 degrees would be wonderful - we're in the low 100s all week. Blech. Happy late birthday to Patrick, and Rebekah really is looking older. They really should stop doing that (kids in general) - it kind of makes me sad! They're growing up!!! I guess that's a good thing too, right?

The Englands said...

Hey just wanted you to know you have been tagged! go to my blog!