Monday, June 23, 2008

My Snacktime Weakness


This is where my determination and will-power crumble. Michael's thing is any gummy candy. He has to have something gummy and something salty and something wet (drink) when we drive, at the movies, and generally on hand at home. ('Course, he's a little more of a snacker than I am.)
I can forgo the ice cream. I can skip the gummies and the chocolate. If I don't have extra money to spend at movie theater, I won't get popcorn - though I do enjoy it. I pride myself in my will-power when it comes to sweets/snacks in general. But each time I head down the cookie/cracke isle at the store my resolve weakens and I cave in about once every two months. Then the package is gone within three days at the most. That's if I'm REALLY trying to make them stretch! Minty stuff is my downfall. I love Jr. Mints too. But I gotta admit that the crunch in these babies is addicting.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I think we're twinners. YUM! I actually crave oreo cookies when I see them now. My best tactic is just to avoid the candy/cookie isle completely. That's the best I can do. The craving seems to just do me in once a month and then any other time I dwell on how good the cookies would be in my stomach instead of on the shelf. I always wonder how my will power is intertwined with my spirit--especially when every time you pass the "snack" cupboard you'll just have one, OK, two is fine...and then you're back for more! I really don't do this all the time. Another reason to send someone else shopping. Especially now that my kids can recognize and say "Oreo Mommy! I want that! That! That!" Yeah, me too. :)