Monday, July 14, 2008

Thoughts . . .

I've decided that when we finally settle down it will have to be near the mountains. I love the crisp air and the way that I feel alive when I'm amongst the trees and the mountains. I love the way it smells after it rains. (This is true for any place, but again, the crispness of the mountain air wins my heart.) I also like the way I feel slightly secluded. Maybe we'll just own a second home there . . . You know, since we're planning on being millionares by the time we retire. :)

I was pondering the existence and necessity of testimony in any religion - but particularly of the LDS faith. Many times I feel like I have nothing important or anything in particular to share over the pulpit. Then I wonder whose fault that is. It occured to me that in order to have a testimony to share, I first have to read, ponder, and pray over spiritual things. I need to seek the Lord out and then He will fill my mind with those thoughts of gratitude, tender mercies, blessings, and pathways in which I should go. It goes back to that "seek and ye shall find" principle. Hmmm. Guess the gospel is pretty simple. Too bad that we all need constant reminders and new perspective to really understand the simplicity of it all.

We are leaving for California and Disneyland in a week. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. I've told Rebekah, but she doesn't get it yet. I think once we go, she will be begging to return for the month following. I've asked her cardiologist about the rides that she can and can not go on. Basically, no rollercoasters or anything that will significantly scare her. Anything that has a "heart disease" warning on it needs to be our personal decision. Good thing that she's not tall enough for Splash Mountain. I'd have a hard time keeping her from that one. We'll also be seeing Wicked while we're there. It will be our first time. Very excited. We'll be sure to take a lot of pictures and let you know how it goes so you can all be jealous!! (Until, of course, your parents/in-laws take you on that mexican cruise or trip to Europe. Then I'll be the one that's green with envy.)

1 comment:

Melyssa said...

I am SO jealous you get to see Wicked. My girls and I listen to our Wicked CD in the car all the time - we love it! :)