THE TALE OF THE ODD BLACK HANDLE
When we arrived in California for our week-long trip, there appeared a random black handle upon the countertop of our hotel kitchen. For several days I moved it from place to place in the kitchen thinking that it must belong to one of my in-laws and would be picked up sooner or later. But day by day passed and it didn't happen. Finally I asked my father-in-law if he knew what it was or to what it belonged. He replied, "I don't know. I found it in my pocket when we got here and put it on the counter hoping someone else knew." So it was a mystery. When we returned, I did the dishes the next morning, put the dishwasher door up and went to grab the handle and only got air. I looked at the place where the handle should have been - looked again in disbelief and laughed out loud. I finally knew what the mysterious black handle belonged to and now was in danger of having to find a new one if my in-laws had thrown it away. I called and we both had a laugh as they said, "No we didn't throw it away! It made it safetly back to Texas with us! We'll send it in the mail tomorrow!!" No one knows how it made it into Darrel's pocket in the first place, but I'm so glad that my father-in-law doesn't throw things away and ask questions later.
BEKAH AND THE WAYWARD PRAYER
Rebekah has repeated prayers before when we've tried to help her learn and do. Lately she hasn't wanted to repeat. She's been content to let us do all the talking. But two nights ago we asked if she wanted to say the prayer for dinner and started speaking, allowing time for her to repeat if she wished. She did and made it all the way through the prayer. Michael didn't. We got to " . . in the name of Jesus Christ . . ." and this is what we heard instead: " . . in the name of Woody/Buzz . ."
Don't ask. I don't know if I can answer. But we had a good laugh.
For those wondering about our trip, I will get to it soon. I have to wait for most of the pictures from my in-laws. They were much better stewards of their cameras than I was.
4 comments:
How funny! I can't believe that your dishwasher handle got a great trip to Disneyland too. That's great. I love the prayer too - kids are awesome.
Funny stories! I've been going through my files getting ready for our move and came across many BYU music ed things - ah, memories...
I told the story of Rebekah's prayer to Alan and we laughed hysterically. It reminded me of my 2 1/2 year-old nephew who once prayed in his "lion voice." Ha ha!
That is hilarious! I just read that to all of my Disney working roommates and they were laughing hard
Post a Comment