Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Wicked" fun

(I'll post a picture of us with this as soon as I get it.)

One of our days in California was spent with my cousin Ben and his wife Aimee. Wonderful people. I don't get to see them near enough. They even fed us dinner. :) Later that night we dressed for the theater and went to Hollywood to see the Broadway phenomenon "Wicked". We were so excited! We took Michael's parents with us, who had never seen a Broadway production, and I'm not sure they were expecting much.


We'll just say that I grinned through the whole first half. To finally see the songs on stage and acted by professionals was amazing. Right after intermission Darrel (my father-in-law) leans over and whispers "Ramie, this is the coolest thing that we've ever seen! Thank you so much for getting us here!" I was floored by his comment and the production. So much fun! Our kids were watched by my cousin so we were able to go without them or worry about a very late night.

3 comments:

Jill said...

John and I are dying to see this! :) We read the book together and loved the story. Sound like fun, we are jealous!

Emily Petty said...

I love Wicked too - even if it is way too "Popular" right now! I saw it when it came through in Baltimore. The last few Broadway productions that I had seen really hadn't wowed me all that much - but I was really wowed by Wicked! Funny thing, we move to Germany and the hotel we're staying at is right next to the theatre where they are currently showing Wicked 'auf Deutsch!' We are so close that we can hear the singers warming up in the back rooms before they go on!

Melyssa said...

I am so JEALOUS! I love musicals, and the music from Wicked is amazing. How fun that you got to go. :)