I've turned over a new leaf. I just ordered the local Sunday newspaper so that I can start to save money on my groceries through coupons. My mother started doing it a month ago and I asked her if it really makes a difference in her monthly bill. "HALF!! I spend half of what I used to spend!" was her reply. I think that's worth it. The subscription will more than pay for itself. I may even have Michael send in for a separate subscription so that I can get two. We'll see. But I'm determined to do better with my grocery bill! Potty training was part of that, but we're on to a new stage.
If anyone else is interested in trying this, go to pinchingyourpennies.com
It's not necessarily available in every state, but the principles are the same. Go to "coupons 101" and get an overview. Then go to PYP blog and scroll nearly to the bottom to watch the videos for more info. I'm a little overwhelmed, but I'm excited. Hurray for saving money and using each penny well!
5 comments:
no need to have Mike get another subscription, go to walmart and they sell double sets for cheap.
we get 3 sunday newspapers and the daily herald gives a discount for it. I think we pay $9.00 ish a month for the papers. It does save us money on things like toothpaste, deoderant, cleaning supplies etc. It also helps with betty crocker and general mills sales at Albertsons. It pays for itself very quickly.
You do want to get another subscription though. When Jake & I were struggling financially after Elisabeth was born, Jake picked up a paper route in the mornings in addition to his regular job. The extra papers at the grocery stores and walmart don't usually have the coupons in them because they are required to go to home delivery customers first. If there are extras then they end up at the stores.
Good luck! By doing this, Jake and I have a great start on our 1 year supply of food storage too of great things that we like to eat (and not just flour and wheat :)
I just started the same thing recently. Very overwhelming indeed. There are a couple of sites you can look at on my blog too, one is great deals and the other is money saving mom. I will have to add yours too now:). We'll have to exchange tips.
Hey I found your blog on Katie G's. Oh my goodness I'm addicted to couponing so if you have any questions...
I started in April. For the first 2 months I spent around the same but was buying a LOT more. Now, not only do I buy a LOT more, but my pantry, closets, cupboards, and garage are full, AND, I'm spending a TON less. The spectrum does a discount for 5 Sunday papers. It won't be overwhelming for very long!
Good for you! I sat next to a lady at work once when I was temping who would show me how much she saved with coupons. I was amazed...but I've still haven't gained the skill. Let me know how it goes for you - I'll do it someday!
Post a Comment