Monday, September 15, 2008

Diaper Diaries

I truly hope there are not many of these.

First on the list is Rebekah's potty training success. We started 5 days ago and she had the hang of it by day 2. She hasn' had an accident since then including nightimes (except for last night while we were all sleeping)!! I think that's pretty good. She doesn't seem to have the fear of using potties that are outside of the home. We've used one at the park, Wal-Mart, KFC, and preschool. I'm so very proud of her! In fact, she now comes up to me when I'm using the potty and says "(inhale)Oh, mommy go pa-ee ina toi-et! I so pow a you! Yea!" I have to laugh every time. We've both earned our fair share of star stickers for success in the toilet.

On the other hand, I gave Patrick ranch style beans the other day for lunch and let him have his way with them. After 10 min or so I looked over to find something flung on the walls that looked like the sauce the beans were in. I cleaned it up and began cleaning him up when I realized that there was far too much of it to be bean sauce. Yep, -- very runny, very dark poo, and lots of mess. He went straight to the bathtub and must have known that he did a "no, no" because he began his bath (which are usually very delightful for him) whimpering and crying. But we cleaned him up and got him out. Now I just have to clean the bathtub. It's on my list and will get done sometime this week.

Oh, the joys of motherhood. These little adventures may not be that fun when I'm in the midst of them, but I honestly do look back and laugh!

7 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

Oh no! That's awful. That is not a fun mess to clean up at all. I don't think I'd be able to eat ranch style beans for awhile after that! :)

Way to go Rebekah! That is seriously amazing. By the way, how is she liking preschool?

Mindy said...

Well, I'm pretty proud of Rebekah considering our four year old still wears a diaper at night or I'm doing laundry almost every day if she doesn't.

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Good girl, Bekah! That's awesome! I don't have kids yet, but I changed my fair share of blow-out diapers when Nate & Natalie were little. Fun stuff! Luckily, the good far outweighs the bad with the little ones. :)

Katie and Bryson said...

My first thought after reading this is -- (sigh of relief) good thing you're renting. No one ever has to know. Secondly, yay Beka! I'm so proud of her. She's a potty training genius!

Generational stitcher said...

She's doing REALLY good! Adam's been in underware for a week and is just now doing less then 3 accidents a day, my girls were so much easier. As for Patrick...I totally feel for you...been there SO many times :)

Hannah said...

That's disgusting! I can't believe Patrick would do something like that... You have a good stomach, sister.
I actually spoke Bekah's quote out loud and my roommates overheard and started laughing. She is so great

Pamela said...

way to go on potty training Becca your a superstar!