Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Happy Ber-day Punkin!"

The day that we were to carve pumpkins I had gotten out a clay pumpkin and placed a lit candle inside. It is the only decoration I have for the season. Rebekah loved to admire it, but was very good about keeping her distance. She realized that it was hot and would not create pleasant sensations should it be tampered with. Luck was not with her. As she was getting down from her stool (away from the lit candle) her hair must have been singed and then quickly stuck to her ear. It gave her a pretty nasty blister. So here are the end results: we stuck an ice pack on her ear and held it in place with a bandana. Consequently she wanted to wear the bandana for the rest of the day - ice pack or not. Guess it was a big enough hit to help her forget her pain. Several times that day she'd look at me randomly and say, "Mommy? Bekah ear all better." I'm so pleased. :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Youch!

Beth said...

I found never have thought to fix the ice pack on with a bandana - you are so smart!

Emily Petty said...

Poor girl - glad to hear it's better. Your October fun at the corn maze sounds great - and I like your montage!

Hannah said...

You guys have been busy down there! My goodness! I checked this blog a whole bunch not long ago and there were no updates. All of a sudden you have neary 8 posts.... (ok, so I exaggerated... but whatever)