Teenage years: stress usually takes the form of zits. 'Course zits seem to be the outlet for any form of emotion or bodily change in the teenage years . . .
College Years: stress took on the form of overeating for me and for many others. I didn't gain the "Freshman 15" - it occured for me as the "Junior 15" because that was my first year away from home. Gotta love it . . . right?
Career Years: (okay, so I really didn't have a career, but I wasn't sure what else to call the years just after college. I happened to be working, so it's the closest I could come to a career.) Stress manifest itself as anxiety. For the first time in my life I was so overwhelmed with stress and worry that I could NOT eat. I lost a lot of weight and worried my mother. She worried that she'd created another anorexic daughter.
Mothering Years: Hemmroids. I'm not sure I want to expound on that one except to say that they are painful and it makes me feel MUCH older than I am. I had no idea that I was really that stressed, but my body sure let me know that I was.
4 comments:
how awful!
I skipped the career years and jumped right into motherhood so I am still experiencing the acne and major anxiety. Maybe I'll get lucky and skip Hemmroids too!
Owch, I hope those guys don't show up later in life for me. I feel bad for you. :( I do wish, however that I dealt with stress by NOT eating. That would be wonderful b/c I would be thin. Instead it's the other way around. :)
Too much information! You crack me up. I got your symptom of stress when I gave birth once. It was horrible. Since then I am more aware of how much fiber I eat.
Still have anxiety and zits...feel like maybe I just didn't outgrow that. I thought that once you get married your skin is supposed to be perfectly clear. Boy was my expectation off!
Yes, I was introduced to that beautiful world after Ethan was born. Life is a trip, huh?
Post a Comment