Saturday, April 4, 2009

Things That I Love

NPR
I think it was roommates who got me hooked on this stuff. Particularly Cherie and Beth. It seemed that neither one of them could get dressed in the morning without listening. I've gotten to where I enjoy almost all of the programs, but I relish listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and Garrison Keillor's "Prairie Home Companion".

Flowers
What woman doesn't? They have a special brilliance to them during this spring season. They signify life - I love life. I love the blossoms on the trees, the bright green buds on everything, the neon green grass that begins to poke through, and the lavender that seems to pop and cover bushes and trees. I went to the store during Priesthood session and couldn't resist. I did the arrangement myself and though it's not perfect, it's wonderful to have them in our house!

General Conference
Though it's a completely different experience listening when you have two small children, it's still wonderful. Some things are huge light bulb moments for me and others are marvelous reminders of how or what I should be doing. I admit, I slept through a good 30 min. of Saturday afternoon session, but it's not because I wasn't enjoying myself. It'd been a late night beforehand. But I loved the times when I was completely awake, alert, and not accosted my the needs of my children. It also made me appreciate my kids more. I became more aware of the beauty of an eternal family and that we are able to partake of those blessings.

Warm Weather
It's not quite hot yet, but it hasn't decided if it really wants to be warm yet. Spring is so fickle like that. But I have soaked the sun up when it's decided to shine.

2 comments:

Beth said...

NPR was definitely Cherie, I won't take credit for her discerning tastes. :)

Hohmann Family said...

But you have to admit that you listened to it every morning while getting ready! :)