Monday, April 27, 2009

Huh? Anniversary? What Anniversary?

I was so busy being occupied with sick children and being sick myself last week that it never dawned on me what week it was. So I was caught totally unawares when Michael did a double-take at his watch yesterday and looked up to say, "Oh, happy anniversary yesterday". My jaw dropped. Who forgets their anniversary this early on? Are we doomed? This was very much a first for either one of us. Oh, well.
I know it's blurry, but I couldn't get a better picture with a goofy and slightly camera shy husband. :) Love ya hon!
On the other side of things, I want to write a few reasons why I love Michael.
  • He eats anything I cook at least once. There are certain dishes that I love and he's willing to bare through them every once in a while just for me.
  • He always makes me feel beautiful - even on days I don't shower or do my make up.
  • He almost always helps with the dishes.
  • He makes me laugh. He has a great sense of humor, but because he feels completely himself around me, he's able to be silly and ridiculous too. Sometimes I roll my eyes, but it still makes me laugh.
  • He's a very hard worker and he feels a great responsibility to provide for his family.
  • He's not extravagant. Sure he likes to have nice things like anybody, but he's fine if I can find something comparable second hand.
  • He's sexy. I know you don't care, but I'm so thrilled that I found someone who I find attractive all the time.
  • He's a wonderful father to our kids. They love their time with Daddy. When we go to visit him at work, they won't be satisfied with anything less than a hug and a kiss given and taken.
THINGS WE'VE HAD SINCE WE WERE MARRIED:
I got these from my Grandma right about the time we got married. They look great even if you only feel you can use them at Christmas, Easter, and Mother's Day.
The mattress is the part we've had since the beginning. It sat in storage for 3 months before we could use it, but we bought it before we were married. That was slightly awkward for two mormons . . .
Mikey brought this back from his mission and it's been a centerpiece to our home ever since. I added the dowel rods to it eventually, but I think it will always have a special place.
This is what started it all. I needed to refill my small italian seasoning bottle and pulled this out. It dawned on me that I've had it the entire time. Pretty impressive.

Here's to a wonderful 6 years and many more to come!

5 comments:

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe ya'll forgot...that's too funny. Walt & I celebrate our 5 year this Friday and we've been talking about it for months. Maybe that's because we don't have kids, so we always have time to think about ourselves. ;) Love you guys & hope you find a way to celebrate even after the fact!!

Emily Petty said...

Ha! that is funny! Happy Anniversary!

Melyssa said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!! Here's to an eternity of happiness for the two of you. :)

Hannah said...

I don't know if the bottle of Italian Seasonings still being around is impressive or depressing.... do you really not use it very much? hahahahahahh!

And the fact that you both forgot-- CLASSIC! I love that!

peterfam said...

Rachel! We did that this year too! We forgot our #6 annaversery! I was preg. with Caeli and really sick too. Its a really good reason to forget. Your not alone!
Congrats, by the way!