Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Bad Mood


Reason #1:
I had to wake up early this morning. This would put almost anyone in a swing position where they could either have a great day or a horrid one.

Reason #2
We went straight to the WIC office and after waiting for 20-ish minutes were told that we no longer qualified with our income. I was sort of expecting that, but it's still a bummer and a small blow. Then I saw the amount that they had come up with for what we made last month and was VERY confused. They had us making a good $150-200 more than I could calculate. Yea, couldn't figure out how they sliced that pie. I WISH we'd made that much more. But I decided not to dispute the exactness of the number. Either way, I'd have to make it under their magic number to qualify again.

Reason #3
I went to Smith's to catch their Case Lot sale and was depressed after getting my receipt to find that I'd spent more than I'd saved. Frustrating when you think you're saving so much by shopping the sale and buying cases.

Reason #4
The kids ALWAYS want to ride in the carts that have cars in the front. Sure, I think. It will keep them entertained, right? That's fine and good, but I end up yelling at them more than normal because they keep trying to get out and stick their hands and heads out to touch/grab things.
Reason #5
While going through the checkout, Patrick is grabbing at candy that is so very attainable at this level and especially while mom can't get at him because the cart's too big. I'm watching and thinking I'm telling him to put everything back. I thought he had. After checkout I find that a package of Bubble Yum made it through my detection and that they've broken into it. Both little mouths are stuffed to the brim with those huge pieces of gum. Patrick didn't even bother taking the wrapper off. (Funny, I'll admit. But I was already sour.) So now I had to go back and pay for the blinking stuff!

I'm determined that tomorrow will be a better day. At least then I won't have to wake up early.

5 comments:

The Gartin Family said...

Hang in there. You never think a day can go like that and let me tell you, once the kids go to bed, ahhhhh....peace but tomorrow is another day. Take care.

Beth said...

Ahh, the days of stealing gum. That was my drug of choice back in my childhood. I don't recall my exact age but it was 5 or younger. Like you my mom found me with it all stuffed in my mouth. She took me right back to Safeway and made me go inside, by myself, and take the money to the store manager. This store had a large managers office sectioned off at the front of the store.

Needless to stay it scared me straight!

Just think - tomorrow HAS to be better! Love you!

Mindy said...

Sorry for such a frustrating day. My kids love the car-carts...and we have started to tell them "no" because remember the LAST time we were here and you were not being good in the cart, etc. Yep, we're mean. But seriously the carts are a good intention that always ends badly for us.

Hannah said...

I wish that I could send you flowers today. I just might do that tomorrow.... I am going to have to find your address...
You are such a great mom to even think about the "up" side at a time like this. I love you

Em said...

Seriously. Every time I go to the grocery store I feel like I deserve a trophy for making it through--the fight with the kids, the millions of little decisions that have to be weighed out and made, the paradoxes (like not spending a lot but eating healthy, etc). Oh man. So here is pom poms and a cheer from me. (Feel free to picture this every time you get home from the grocery store) Woo hoo! You did it! you rock! you're amazing! Your kids are lucky to have you as their mom, grumpy or not!! Rah rah!

Love Em