The kids have had runny noses for a few days now. But I didn't think anything of it because they'd just gotten their H1N1 virus shots. It was just a bodily reaction to the thing, ya know. But then Rebekah lost her voice and started to sound like an old man. So I took them both in this morning. She saw several people wearing masks at Grandpa's office and thought it was pretty cool. Sure kid - have a mask. Knock yourself out and have a ball! According to Bekah, Patrick needed one too, but the fashion statement hadn't struck him as cool so we stowed it in my purse for later use. Generally the visit went well though she wouldn't let them get a throat swab for a strep test. Neither my dad or I thought she had that, so we let it go. Then as we are about to leave she discovers the unused mask in my purse and tries once again to apply it to Patrick's face. Poor kid just wanted to defend himself! He was pushing at the thing and a poke to Rebekah's eye was administered. She kept babying it when we got home for lunch, and I thought she was just overreacting. But it was still tearing up and she was still rubbing it after her nap. It'd been three hours since we'd been home! I decided to go back. Something had to be wrong with her eye. Sure enough - once they were able to pry her hands away from her eyes long enough to get a dye in there, they found an abrasion on her cornea. So now, though it's a little late for Halloween, she has a pirate patch for 24 hrs. Proud of it too - for the most part.
She keeps telling me that her eye is all better now and pulling at it. I tell her no. I hope we make it to 5 pm tomorrow. :)
She keeps telling me that her eye is all better now and pulling at it. I tell her no. I hope we make it to 5 pm tomorrow. :)
2 comments:
My mom took my brother Daniel in to see your dad the other day. He quickly diagnosed H1N1, which the hospital emergency room had missed just a few days before. My family is so grateful your dad is practicing in Rexburg! Not that we think Daniel is going to die, but you're dad is always so great!
This girl is SO funny. I hope that you made it to 5. I can't blame her for not wanting it on her eye, though. That things is HUGE!
Post a Comment