Thursday, September 11, 2008

True Thoughts from a 3-year-old

I was singing along to my music today (as is common in our house). Rebekah looked at me and said, "Mommy, no more singing"! I had to laugh.

Two things came to mind:
1) No seriously - tell me what's REALLY on your mind. I love that children can say exactly what's on their minds and rarely get in trouble for it. We all just think it's cute.
2) I can't believe that some people stop singing and participating in music because at some point their child told them to be quiet. I'm not an idiot when it comes to music so I realize that it's more an attempt to be parental than a real attempt to shut me up. Or even that she doesn't like what she's hearing.
So if your child up and tells you one day to "be quiet" - - don't. They'll thank you for it some day.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I miss her. I hope that she keeps saying funny things. I also hope that you are writing them all down.

Mindy said...

Chad went out of his way this week to tell me that a quartet is supposed to be sung by four people. Can I help it that I am so talented that I CAN sing all four parts?! hahaha. I love that you love to sing and don't stop. :)
Kids say the funniest things. Sometimes it's not so "nice" but funny, yes. Like this week when I went shopping and Hazel informed me that the large belt is for Large people. I love hearing what Rebekah is saying--keep them coming.

Emily Petty said...

I agree, it's so sad when I meet people who don't want to sing because someone once told them to stop or laughed or said that they weren't very good. I'm pretty sure I'll be told to stop singing someday too by a 3 yr old - and then maybe I can sing him a song about that!