
. . . when you have the stomach flu. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday with a funny feeling in my stomach. It ended with an up close and personal meeting with the "porcelin god of relief". I have no clue how I caught this bug. But I pray hourly that my kids will avoid it. They currently have colds with nasty coughs, so this would be horrid to add to the mix.
This reminds me forcibly of a certain Halloween while growing up. I think I was about 8. Four out of the six memebers of my family had the stomach flu. I can laugh about it now, but I have no idea how my mom remained sane for that week and a half. She and my infant brother Eli were the only ones not rushing to the toilet every so often. My Dad fondly recalls a time when the two bathrooms in the house were occupied by someone already "busy" and he had to rush outside (which was not warm!) to do his business. Needless to say, we didn't go trick or treating that year. Some charitable neighbors brought us some of their candy once we were on the mend.
Fortunately for me, though it's not been fun, it's been better than I remember as a child. I actually managed to get up and around enough yesterday to go to tithing settlement and enough this morning to do the dishes. But let's face it; it will be a few days of lots of movies, naps, and messes. I'm seriously hoping that this was a 24 hr. bug because I feel quite a bit better today, but I'm not going to hold my breath. In the meantime, Merry Christmas! May the sick bugs stay away from your homes!!
3 comments:
we got it Saturday night. Luckly just one kids so far. she is doing much better today. I hope were not throwing up on Christmas.
I was actually thinking of that Halloween as I read the first paragraph. Then, lo and behold, you were writing about it. HA!
We spent the holidays with Frank's family and they were all sick the entire time - luckily, we've managed to avoid it so far! Hope you guys are feeling better and Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment