Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012

This Easter we did a few things differently.  Our Easter bunny has always been a little lazy, but that's mostly because we didn't have the budget for big baskets or new Sunday duds.  So we prepare the eggs and leave them out overnight for the Easter bunny to hide.  And I've never been a fan of spending that much money on candy that they won't finish before they forget it's there...
So here was the hunt:
 Patrick stuffing his mouth with candy.
 Mouth full!

 Happy egg stuffer!
 Three happy egg-hunters!

Somehow I missed getting a picture of Patrick on the hunt.  :(  The older two were so good to leave some out in the open for Andrew.  He wasn't sure what to do at first but caught on fast.  This is such a great age. 
But my favorite part of Easter this year was talking about Christ's triumphal entry into Jerusalem.  We invited some good friends of ours and asked them to recount the story.  Afterward I talked about how it's our choice to let Christ into our lives.  We each made a palm leaf and on it we wrote how we can do that.  We decided to display them on our fireplace to remember through the week.  It was a good experience.  We even managed to give them The Family A Proclamation to the World.  I have no idea if they read it, but we were invited to play at their house a few days later so I guess they weren't offended.  :)  
I also wanted to do a few other things, but didn't manage.  We'll add to this next year and put more of our focus on the sacred.  But I think even this little bit helped my kids better see the purpose of Easter.


1 comment:

Kristen Brady said...

Love that palm leaf idea - I'll have to implement it when my kids are a little older!